In today’s economy, there is tremendous pressure on businesses to control labor costs and employee business expenses. As the population of mobile workers continues to increase, organizations are providing them with tools to do their jobs away from the office.
Mobile work style practices can benefit Human Resources in many ways. HR professionals have a significant role to play in navigating the shifting nature of the workplace to ensure they’re positioned to attract and retain the best in the business. Mobile workforce solutions offer many benefits, but there are five that stand out:
• Increased Productivity – Mobile workers increase productivity by putting in the extra hours, which would have otherwise been spent on commuting. They can work at those times when going to the office is impossible such as bad weather, roadblocks or any repair works at office.
• Greater Flexibility – Being a mobile worker means getting the flexibility to approach work depending on individual preferences, styles and strengths. With the right technology, a new employee can access corporate information no matter where they are or what device they use.
• Lower Absenteeism – Absenteeism is one of the major problems faced by companies all over the world. It can be a burden for the organization as it translates into low productivity and extra costs in hiring the services of additional staff. However, with a mobile workforce, the rate of absenteeism reduces considerably.
• Technological Advancements – The development of new devices such as smartphones, iPhones, iPads, laptops, tablets, Wi-Fi and increased accessibility of the Internet has made tasks easier such as filing reports, holding meetings, editing proposals, etc.
• Reduced Expenses – Employers benefit from reduced capital and infrastructure expenses for office space. Employees benefit from reduced transportation and parking costs. Beyond the recruitment stage, mobile workforces help to streamline the onboarding process and reduce attrition and turnover in the long term.
HR in a mobile age means that companies will allow employees to work from anywhere, anytime, on any device. Hiring the best and brightest from a global talent pool is both a benefit for prospective employees and a key differentiator for companies.